"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." Matthew 7:13
Jesus said..."I am the way..." John 14:6


This poem was written and published by Sarah Beth at age thirteen.


The Knot
by Sarah E. Bennett

When I forget,
or do something wrong,
a little knot,
will come along.
It sits in my stomach,
for what seems like a day.
And until I’m forgiven,
it won’t go away.
This happens in school,
when my homework isn’t found,
or when I get into trouble,
for being a clown.
The knot makes my stomach,
feel very tight.
My heart starts beating,
like I’ve had a fright!
Then it goes away,
till I get in trouble,
and then . . . and then . . .
The knot strikes again!!!


Copyright1997, Sarah Elizabeth (Werner) Bennett. All rights reserved.
Originally published in A Moment to Reflect, 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment