"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." Matthew 7:13
Jesus said..."I am the way..." John 14:6

Get the Picture? Department


Here are my original ideas for The Sword and the Way cover (as if anyone asked for them).


Using N.C. Wyeth, one of my all-time favorite artists from the Golden Age of adventure-book illustration:
(Ginny, who has more brains than I do, pointed out that readers would think the dragonship was the hero's ship--an important distinction.)






Using my feeble Sea Door From the East sketch, finished off with color pencils no less:


https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8565694.G_K_Werner?from_search=true
(Ginny, who has more sense--not to mention taste--than I do, saved readers from that one! Although I can't seem to delete it from our Goodreads page.)






Here's another cover concept we toyed with briefly:


(After exercises in resizing image relationships for the cover, we ended up inflicting these and some others on readers as interior illustrations--cleverly attempting to cover my lack of talent by blaming claiming a young Jorgan Anderson sketched them.)






Now aren't you glad I didn't subject you to any of these...er...well, sorry about that!


But aren't you glad I broke down and actually paid to get the picture--by a professional? Kudos to EC Stever who put us onto Viking Longships In Unknown Waters © Sylphe_7, istock photo ID # 506912511.

Er...wait a minute...that's the original.



Oops! Too much verbiage! Way overboard! (See what I did there? Don't you love puns? Okay, I'll stop.)




Nope!


https://www.amazon.com/Sword-Way-Swordplay-Skullduggery-Jorgans-ebook-dp-B07JV98LTK/dp/B07JV98LTK/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=
That's it!
















No comments:

Post a Comment